Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Family Traditions: Chinese New Year

It's no secret that we LOVE learning and celebrating other cultures. Aaron and I both strongly believe that this provides our family with a deeper understanding of the world around us. Plus we think it's fun :)
One of the cultural holidays we celebrate each year is Chinese New Year.

Here is a picture of Aaron and I sitting down to our Chinese feast. Homemade (from scratch!!!) orange chicken and ham fried rice. I am still on the look out for the perfect orange chicken recipe- I am getting close to perfection, but not quite there!  Jackie is wearing a Chinese dress we picked up in Toronto during a family vacation a few years ago. As you can see it BARELY fits, but she wanted to wear it so desperately that I couldn't say no! Jacs and I also made homemade fortune cookies. Well, I made the cookies and she scribbled some fortunes which she told me they all said to do whatever your child wants. She is a riot! And we did make some paper lanterns to hang above our kitchen table. A great feast for a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment